Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids. The Navigation and Sensor Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. If you have an Electrical Engineering background, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the route and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapids and “plant your flag”.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –
from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land,
sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing
strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up
your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those
Who Protect Us®.” BAE Systems continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provided enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in the GPS, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Engineering: Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
In this role, you will:
- Be involved in several areas of the design process including requirements capture, schematic design and PCB layout, integration, verification, test, transition to manufacturing, collateral support and customer interface.
- Participate in cross-functional team efforts in integration, pre-qualification and qualification for products and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity
- Support root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs.
- Provide engineering assistance to production, service, and repair personnel
Who you are:
- You’re willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get the job done
- You are always looking for ways to do things better and faster
- You possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and mid-level managers
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Be capable of hands-on troubleshooting using engineering lab equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Prefer candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Internship or Coop experiences preferred
- Experience with schematic capture tools
- Experience with PCB layout tools
- Circuit simulation tools like Spice is desired