Finding the right fit:
The Transportation group is seeking to hire a full-time transportation engineer. You’ll be working with a great group of people on a diverse array of projects. As a new employee, you won’t just work anonymously on a conveyor belt of projects. Instead, you’ll interact and forge long-term relationships with clients so you can work towards creating solutions that solve their problems at a whole new level. You’ll be rewarded with flexible scheduling and opportunities for professional and personal growth within a supportive team.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Perform design engineering duties including the use of AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D for the design of projects under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Prepare design documents, including project reports, calculation of quantities, plans production, and specifications.
- Build effective working relationships with other employees and clients.
- Coordinate with public agencies and attend project meetings under supervision of the Project Manager.
- Perform construction engineering duties including the field layout of projects, quantity measurement, record keeping, materials testing, and general inspection for WisDOT and local road and bridge projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in transportation and roadway design and/or construction.
- Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE).
- Knowledge of Civil3D and/or AutoCAD computer software
- Experience on highway and bridge projects (preferably WisDOT Facility Development Process).
- Experience with construction observation/administration.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities