Job Title: Phlebotomist I
Department: Clinical Operations
The primary purpose of the Phlebotomist I is performing phlebotomy by direct venipuncture during clinical research studies. Additional study related tasks will also be performed to assist in meeting all protocol requirements.
· Perform phlebotomy per training.
· Collect blood samples per protocol specifications.
· Communicate clearly with staff and subjects.
· Enter data accurately, and as trained, in electronic capture system.
· Assist in tasks as needed to fulfill the protocol requirements of the study. Tasks may include:
o vital sign collection
o distribution of meals and fluids
o bag check
· Execute other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Direction and Motivation
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Certification Requirements (If Applicable)