This position is to record company transactions and perform all reconciliation and analysis for general ledger accounts.
· Assists with month-end activities and creates journal entries
· Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining and recording and files
· Prepares account reconciliations and communicates financial adjustment requirements
· Processes monthly closing reports and preparation of financial reports for assigned companies. Audits preliminary results and communicate any improprieties or operational concerns to upper management
· Posts monthly accrual journal entries, fixed assets and depreciation
· Financial reporting, prepares supporting schedules, and analyzes data
· Assists with accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and payroll when necessary
· Schedules and disclosure
· All necessary account analyses and reconciliations.
· Ad Hoc special projects
Job Specific Qualifications Required
· Bachelor’s degree or expected winter graduation in Accounting
· Accounting skills, PC skills, written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, Quickbooks preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, accomplish tasks and resolve issues with a sense of urgency under tight timelines.
· Experience in financial statements preparation and analysis
· Utility Accounting or Revenue Accounting experience.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis so feel free to apply at your earliest convenience to be considered for this opportunity!