Aon is looking for an Executive Benefits Specialist – Executive Life Insurance, Deferred Compensation Plans and Individual Disability Insurance
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Benefits Specialist in our Atlanta, GA, Bloomington, MN, or Dallas, TX office.
This position will support Aon’s Executive Benefits practice. The Executive Benefits practice is responsible for designing, implementing and administering Executive Life Insurance, Individual Disability Insurance, Deferred Compensation, and Supplemental Benefit plans.
Your Impact as an Executive Benefits Specialist
Executive Benefits Specialists provide plan administrative services that include the following:
- Provide exemplary service to Aon clients and their employees by
- Managing open enrollments, including email campaigns
- Enrolling new participants and issuing new policies
- Maintaining plan documentation
- Using software to calculate and prepare premium bills
- Using databases and spreadsheets for data entry, auditing and plan reporting
- Providing accurate deliverables in a timely manner
- Communicating benefits to plan participants and providing participant-level services
- Answering participant questions on our 800 number
- Building trusted relationships with clients and colleagues
- Identifying and implementing ideas for improvement on assigned cases
- Adhering to standard procedures to ensure accuracy and to control expenses
- Seeking training and self-development to exhibit an increasing knowledge of the industry
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 0–5 years of corporate experience
- Open to recent graduates
- Math aptitude
- Experience working in MS Office (particularly Excel and Word)
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent projects, servicing clients proactively, as well as reacting appropriately to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and on the phone
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize tasks and data
- 2–5 years of corporate experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Life Insurance administration experience
- Individual Disability Insurance Knowledge
- Customer Service knowledge and orientation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience
- Degree in Finance or Business preferred for Executive Life and Deferred Compensation positions
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Canada: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.