Programmatic Solutions Specialist – Technical – L4
Our Amazon DSP team is looking for a Programmatic Solutions Specialist – Technical to join Amazon Advertising’s growing team based in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Toronto, Tokyo, London, Paris, Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Madrid or Milan.
Please make sure to apply on official Amazon Jobs website.
In this role, you will independently resolve customer campaign execution issues and blockers by providing knowledgeable and responsive technical support to our enterprise customers: programmatic trading desks. You will have ownership for issue investigation: identifying campaign configuration and software defects, reproducing in-depth and complex cases across our DSP product and processes, and researching solutions to unblock customers. This is a complex environment, as you will own the most critical part of the customer experience and deliver on our customers’ most basic need. While we obsess over incident response, in this role you will also develop tools to scale our service quality, and provide critical input for product prioritization to address root causes of why the customer experienced an incident in the first place. Our advertising customers are likely Amazon customers, and we take seriously maintaining the high customer service bar set by Amazon.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Tracking, investigating, and resolving customer questions and issues by phone, email, and in-person at various levels of complexity and customer impact.
- Communicating directly with internal organizations to complete issue investigation and root cause analysis, define workarounds, and resolve defects.
- Reproducing complex technical issues to identify potential software defects or misconfigurations in customer environments.
- Performing data queries and utilize business intelligence tools to analyze data and produce reports to investigate issues
- Using case management tools to manage and prioritize issues based on multiple factors including customer impact.
- Contributing to training material and documentation for both internal and customer-facing users.
- Detecting and resolving issues through the configuration and managing of monitoring systems and alerts.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience writing SQL queries to extract, join, and sort data
- Experience with basic scripting/programming (e.g. Python)
- Experience in technical troubleshooting
- Experience in technical writing or documentation
- Basic knowledge of programmatic advertising
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools (e.g. QuickSight, Tableau)
- Curiosity to dig deeply into technical details (e.g. key dependencies) with customers and internal technical stakeholders to solve a technical problem.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.