The Associate Scientist II, Fermentation supports the execution of 1-L to 1000-L scale microbial fermentations. This role works collaboratively with team members and as an individual contributor. This position requires excellent laboratory skills, attention to detail and excellent documentation practices.
* Assist in execution of 1 L 1000 L scale fermentations
* Prepare microbiological culture media and other culture reagents
* Transform E. coli with plasmid DNA
* Harvest E. coli cultures using centrifuges and TFF devices
* Prepare and analyze cell lysates (SDS PAGE, Western Blot, Concentration Assays)
* Use and maintain laboratory equipment including, but not limited to environmental shakers, fermenters, centrifuges, biosafety cabinets, spectrophotometers, pipettes, tangential flow filtration, CIP skids, autoclave, pH meter
* Accurately record experimental results in real-time
* Assist with implementation and training of all employees regarding the quality system and overall compliance with the corporate quality manual.
* Support of the CAPA system by ensuring all events are adequately investigated
* Knowledge of molecular biology and microbiology
* Knowledge of documentation protocol
* Good communication skills
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* At least 1 year of hands-on experience in a laboratory setting
* A.S. or B.S. degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related field required
Monday-Friday, shift depends on projects
Join Us Today!
Join a team committed to making lives better. Aldevron provides high-quality plasmid DNA, proteins, enzymes, antibodies, and other biologics to help our partners achieve significant breakthroughs for a variety of life science applications.
If you would like to thank someone for referring you to this role, please apply at www.aldevron.com/careers, and include their first and last name as a referral source!
Aldevron is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, or protected veteran status among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)