· Works closely with the loan officer in gathering financial information from customers. Acts as primary or lead information gatherer with minimal work direction – from mailings to interviews through follow-up. Recognizes the type and amount of financial information needed and ensures thorough and complete information is obtained from customers in a timely and efficient manner as appropriate for that account. Position works closely with AgCountry Farm Accounting Specialists in gathering and inputting financial information in cases where AgCountry is providing farm accounting services to the customer. This position may be the branch lead person in obtaining credit reports and chattel searches.
· Responsible for accurately and efficiently keying financial information in credit analysis software. Works closely with Loan Officers, Credit Analysts, and Farm Accounting Specialists in producing a complete financial information package for credit review. Is able to understand and compile financial information from large, more complex credits including the consolidation of financial information from multiple entities into a credit presentation format.
· Assembles balance sheets and historical earnings statements, including market adjustments, accrual adjustments, debt schedules, and preliminary reconciliation. Prepares projections, working capital deficiency, and capital and repayment analysis. Conducts verification and other related tasks as delegated or directed by loan officer. Works with credits generally more complex in nature including multiple entity units. Has a solid understanding of AgCountry credit standards, credit structure, loan pricing, and credit risk management and writes commentary as part of the credit presentation. Maintains knowledge and expertise in agricultural credit in order to understand how information is interrelated and used.
· Supports and assists in the training of other branch personnel using the same software application. Works closely with the credit department to communicate software changes and updates to branch personnel.
· Provides administrative support to branch operations. Provides backup and support for branch staff in credit and related services areas.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Associate’s degree (AA) in business administration, economics, accounting, Ag business or related field.
· Two or more years experience in agricultural credit operations, or equivalent.
· Knowledge of the financial services industry, commercial banking and the Farm Credit System.
· Basic knowledge of lending disciplines and the association credit standards.
· Ability to input detailed complex financial information into credit analysis software.
· Understanding of real estate servicing procedures and terminology.
· Thorough understanding of farm accrual accounting practices, farm financial standards and general agricultural information.
· Thorough knowledge of correct processes for balance sheet and earnings assembly.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with others; strong teamwork and coordination skills.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively perform tasks during periods of high stress and workload.