2022 Land Survey Internship Opportunity- Rapid City, SD
Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. (AE2S) is an award-winning, specialized civil/environmental consulting engineering firm that provides professional services and a unique brand of extreme client service. Our work environment is consistently recognized both locally and nationally for our great culture and values, proven recognition programs, and social atmosphere.
- Great Culture and Spirit where Creativity is Fostered
- Significant Opportunities to Grow and Advance
- Core Values which Speak to the Heart of AE2S and its Employees
- Large, Diverse, and Challenging Projects with the Latest Technology
- Family-Friendly with Flexibility and Work-Life Balance
A Snapshot of the Experience You May Gain!
Gain real-world experience working alongside professionals who are eager to bring your education and knowledge to life through a variety of project experiences related to your Civil Engineering career aspirations! Your internship experience will have you working under the direct supervision of design engineers to develop skills in report preparation, design, construction, and/or client management. With an emphasis on personal/career development, talented students looking to grow both personally and professionally are encouraged to apply!
- Develop skills in report preparation, design, construction, and client management
- Perform construction observation and site reports on water related projects
- Perform data gathering for designs, boundaries, topography, GIS data collection, and/or geodetic control
- Assist in the design and construction of pipelines, water storage tanks, pump stations, treatment systems, rural water and/or municipal facilities
- Work alongside professional surveyors to assist with data gathering for designs or perform construction staking
- Enrolled in a civil engineering or related program
- Completion of at least one semester towards a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related field preferred
- Familiarity with AutoCAD/Civil 3D a plus
- Previous coursework or experience in water, wastewater, or rural water projects a plus
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, and adapt to changes with ease
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to walk up to 3-miles on uneven terrain
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Occasionally climb, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull light to moderate amounts of weight
- May require lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds, with rare lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- May be required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to, flame resistant clothing, hard hat, and protective footwear
- May require occasional evenings and weekends with overtime expectations varying with workload
- May be required to travel to off-site locations including occasional overnight stays out of town
AE2S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer