Student will report directly to the Research Engineering group Sr. Principal Engineer and work with the Research Engineering Team on characterization methods, basic technology research, prototype development, and group brainstorming/problem solving session related to medical devices used by interventional cardiologists and radiologists.
Projects may make use of skills including using state of the art test equipment, researching scientific and clinical literature, executing testing, preparing reports, and prototyping electronics, cabling, and medical devices.
Training to be Provided
Students will be exposed to working with various operations and product support departments within ACIST. They will learn key requirements which need to be followed in a regulated environment such as the medical device industry. Training may cover relevant aspects of medical device development procedures, along with more specific aspects related to ACIST products.
Additionally, our co-ops benefit from a buddy program, career development programming, and opportunities to build their professional networks virtually and in-person with ACIST professionals.
Engineering student enrolled in Engineering Program focused on biomedical, mechanical, electrical or software engineering through sophomore and junior year coursework.
· Moderate to high level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Eden Prairie, Minnesota (no relocation or housing assistance available)
ACIST has taken steps to prioritize employee safety & engagement, business health & readiness and customer supply & support, including but not limited to:
- As of November 15, 2021 ACIST & Bracco Medical Technologies will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees, interns and co-ops in the United States. Where permitted by applicable law, employees, interns and co-ops must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based position, if not currently employed by ACIST Medical Systems.
- Virtual recruitment and virtual and hybrid onboarding where applicable.
- Following CDC guidelines with regard to limiting access to the Eden Prairie office to essential workers and those with special permission to enter the office.
· 2-3 semester rotation, can be consecutive or non-consecutive semesters. January and May start dates will be considered
· Hours: 40 hours per week
To learn more about ACIST Medical Systems, please visit our website at: https://careers.acist.com
ACIST Medical Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer