Performs various functions in support of Program Management Office (PMO) objectives. These are typically a combination of project specific assignments and general process improvements. The selected individual will gain exposure to all functions at ACIST with the opportunity to learn how all functions interact and depend on each other for the success of the organization. At the end of the intern/co-op period, the selected will be expected to make a short presentation on knowledge and skills learned as well as the impact of their work on ACIST.
- Support ACIST program manager with project coordination activities such as meeting management and follow up on action items
- Assist with projects’ updates and reporting
- Assist with preparing presentations to the internal stakeholders
- Help track time spent on projects
- Assist in evaluating and building project management tools, templates, and utilities to automate manual processes
- Help updating PMO related processes and work instructions
- Assist with creating/updating project dashboards
- Cultivates relationships with internal and external associates with direction from management to resolve open issues and identify and drive continuous quality and cost improvement activities within the projects.
Training to be Provided
Students will be exposed to working with various operations and product support departments within ACIST. They will learn key requirements which need to be followed in a regulated environment such as the medical device industry. Training may cover relevant aspects of medical device development procedures, along with more specific aspects related to ACIST products.
Students will also receive basic project management training.
Additionally, our interns and co-ops benefit from a buddy program, career development programming, and opportunities to build their professional networks virtually and in-person with ACIST professionals.
- Third or fourth year college level student with an intention of majoring in Business, IT or similar discipline.
- Ability to research data using internet/online sources
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.,
- Capable of learning and using new software tools and applications
- High level of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships across all levels both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work both autonomously with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and maintain high levels of communication and feedback with peers, management, and various stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high-quality work
- Previous experience working in an office environment with multiple department
- Ability to travel to other ACIST Medical sites (if necessary)
- Knowledge of project management tools such as MS project, JIRA, Smartsheets
- Experience with product development
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of quality policy/system expectations.
- The position requires relationship building with both internal and external process stakeholders and indirectly managed resources.
- The individual in this position must be resourceful and committed to protecting the company’s interests by balancing both short-term and long-term requirements.
- Mental demands – work is detail oriented, often with multiple priorities. The environment is deadline sensitive and may be exposed to high-pressure situations.
- Limited travel may be required
· Eden Prairie, Minnesota (no relocation or housing assistance available)
· COVID restrictions require working remotely – must have good home office conditions
ACIST has taken steps to prioritize employee safety & engagement, business health & readiness and customer supply & support, including but not limited to:
- As of November 15, 2021 ACIST & Bracco Medical Technologies will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees, interns and co-ops in the United States. Where permitted by applicable law, employees, interns and co-ops must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based position, if not currently employed by ACIST Medical Systems.
- Virtual recruitment and virtual and hybrid onboarding where applicable.
- Following CDC guidelines with regard to limiting access to the Eden Prairie office to essential workers and those with special permission to enter the office.
· January start dates are preferred, but other start dates may be considered. A longer-term engagement similar to a co-op program is required.
· Hours: 40 hours per week
To learn more about ACIST Medical Systems, please visit our website at: www.acist.com
ACIST Medical Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer