Product development positions offer the opportunity to design and develop solutions to technical problems faced during the development cycle. This position will work cross-functionally with engineers from other disciplines (e.g. electrical, software, systems, etc.) on the development team and will assist the team in several functions, including:
- Mechanical design & technical drawing generation
- Prototyping of new designs, concepts, and fixturing
- Bench testing of prototypes
- Design verification & test method development
- Assistance with risk management analysis
- Technical data analysis to determine function and performance specifications
- Documentation of concepts and testing
Training to be Provided
Students will be exposed to working with various operations and product support departments within ACIST. They will learn key requirements which need to be followed in a regulated environment such as the medical device industry. Training may cover relevant aspects of medical device development procedures, along with more specific aspects related to ACIST products.
Additionally, our co-ops benefit from a buddy program, career development programming, and opportunities to build their professional networks virtually and in-person with ACIST professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree student with a sophomore or junior level class standing.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, Biomedical, Engineering Mechanics or a related concentration.
- Minimum 2.8 out of 4.0 cumulative GPA.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship for an employment visa in the future.
- Able to participate full time (40 hours/week).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with team members from various disciplines, e.g. hardware, mechanical, quality, regulatory, etc.
- Team player with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical writing skills, ability to develop reports for technology development.
- Familiarity with basic CAD (Solidworks is a plus).
- Experience with 3D-printing technology.
- Shop/machining experience or hands-on work experience.
· Eden Prairie, Minnesota (no relocation or housing assistance available)
ACIST has taken steps to prioritize employee safety & engagement, business health & readiness and customer supply & support, including but not limited to:
- As of November 15, 2021 ACIST & Bracco Medical Technologies will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees, interns and co-ops in the United States. Where permitted by applicable law, employees, interns and co-ops must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based position, if not currently employed by ACIST Medical Systems.
- Virtual recruitment and virtual and hybrid onboarding where applicable.
- Following CDC guidelines with regard to limiting access to the Eden Prairie office to essential workers and those with special permission to enter the office.
· Spring/Summer/Fall of 2022 start, 2-3 semester rotation, can be consecutive or non-consecutive semesters. May start dates are preferred, but other start dates will be considered.
· Hours: 40 hours per week
To learn more about ACIST Medical Systems, please visit our website at: https://careers.acist.com
ACIST Medical Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer