Internship Program Qualifications
An internship/co-op may qualify for academic credit if:
- Experience is directly related to the student’s major, field of study, or career goals
- Duties of the position are professional or paraprofessional in nature
- The position is on-site and supervised (*internships can be paid or unpaid experiences)
- Student is covered under the employer’s worker’s compensation insurance
- Students have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA prior to internship registration
Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 Semester registration is happening NOW! If you would like to register your internship/co-op for academic credit through the Career and Advising Center, follow the steps below.
**Not sure if you should register with the Career and Advising Center?? Just give us a call (701-231-7111) or shoot us an email (email@example.com), we would be glad to help you make the right decision!
Steps to apply for credit through the Internship Program:
- Contact your faculty advisor to make sure your internship fulfills your department requirements.
- Login to our NEW online registration system here: Internship Program Registration Portal
- Sign in with your NDSU credentials.
- Once you have filled out your online profile, follow these directions to submit your internship/co-op record.
*The Career Center staff will process your record, contact your site supervisor and faculty advisor, and finally enroll you for the correct internship course on Campus Connection. Students cannot enroll themselves for courses associated with the Internship Program.
The Internship Program Scholarship program was established to help offset the cost of tuition associated with internship credits taken through the NDSU Career and Advising Center’s Internship Program and to help assist with additional costs to the intern while they are engaged in their experiential experience.
The scholarship application is now closed.
Please check back for more scholarship opportunities in the future.
Information for Summer 2019 applicants:
Eligibility Requirements for Summer 2019 Applicants:
- Must be an official student of NDSU, enrolled either part-time or full-time, undergraduate or graduate student.
- Student must be registered for internship credit(s) through the NDSU Career and Advising Center’s Internship Program for the Summer 2019 semester.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you should plan to:
- Participate in the Intern Night event on May 2nd, 2019 at 6:30pm in the MU (if recipients are located outside the F-M area, accommodations can be made)
- Participate in an Internship Spotlight feature on the Career and Advising Center’s website during your summer internship
Interested applicants should fill out the Internship Program Scholarship Application form by Monday, April 22nd at 11:59pm, no exceptions.
The application requires the applicant to submit the following components:
- Information about their internship/co-op
- Personal essay (roughly 300 – 600 words)
An Internship Program Scholarship Review Committee will review all applicants for the scholarships, and determine recipients based on student eligibility, internship information, and essay content.
All students who apply will be contacted on or before Friday, April 26th, after decisions have been made.