Organized by the NDSU Career and Advising Center, NDSU Accounting Club and Accounting Faculty
Thursday, September 10, 2020
Faculty & Employer Social | 3:15 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Career Fair | 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Memorial Union | Great Plains Ballroom
- What is Meet the Firms, and which students attend?
- When and how do I receive information about Meet the Firms?
- How do I registers for Meet the Firms?
- What id the registration fee, and what does it include?
- How can I pay for the registration fee?
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- What is an employer presentation?
- What is an electronic ad and how can I purchase one?
- What are lodging options in Fargo?
- Where can I unload my vehicle for Meet the Firms?
- Who should I contact to set up interviews after Meet the Firms?
- Who can I contact for help?
What is Meet the Firms, and which students attend?
Meet the Firms is an annual event attended by accounting and accountancy students. The fair provides an excellent opportunity to connect employers with students to discuss or interview for current and/or future accounting employment and internship opportunities.
This event is open to students interested in accounting, accountancy, finance, and MIS careers from the area 2-year associate and 4-year degree institutions/universities.
NDSU alumni are also invited to attend this event.
NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers of college interns and grads. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything but jobs may not attend.
***Third Party Recruiters may not attend this event.***
When and how do I receive information about Meet the Firms?
You will automatically receive registration information by email if you are registered in CAREERLINK. If you are not sure if you are registered, please contact Pat Breen | email@example.com | 701.231.8464.
How do I register for Meet the Firms?
The registration deadline is 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, 2020.
If you’d like to register after the deadline, please contact Briana at 701.231.7172 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see if space is available.
Registrations submitted after 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20th will be considered Late Registrations and will be charged a higher registration fee.
What is the registration fee and what does it include?
|Registration Dates||Registration||1 Booth|
|May 1 – Aug 20, 2019||Regular||$250|
|Aug 20 – Sept 3, 2019||Late||$300|
|Electronic and Website Ad (featured electronically at the event and the Career Center web page)||$75|
- Registration includes one six-foot table, two chairs and refreshments.
- There is a limited number of booths with electricity.
- If purchasing an electronic and newspaper ad, please email your company logo to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, 2020. The preferred logo formats are: eps vector file or a print quality 300 dpi jpeg or gif.
- Registrations submitted after 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, 2020 will be considered Late Registrations.
- Registration deadline – 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, 2020.
How can I pay for the registration fee?
The registration must be paid by credit card or electronic check ONLY and be received by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25, 2020 to ensure your booth space.
Once your registration has been approved, you will receive an automatically generated email with your invoice attached and the link to the payment site. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder or contact Briana at firstname.lastname@example.org to resend the email.
Company representatives will not have access to their booth space until all fees are paid.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Cancellation notification is appreciated so we may inform students. Refund of the registration fee (MINUS a $50 administrative fee) will be given for cancellations received by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25, 2020. There is no refund of the registration fee for cancellations after 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
What are the lodging options in Fargo?
Hotels near NDSU:
1831 NDSU Research Park Drive
Ask for NDSU rate.
2021 16th St N
You can view a listing of hotel/motel options on the following website:
Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Where can I unload my vehicle and park for Meet the Firms?
- Unloading and parking will take place at the SOUTH entrance of the Memorial Union
- Students will be available to assist in the unloading/loading process
- One no-cost parking pass per registered firm is available for the Visitors lot – MU, E or T-2. This can be picked up when you check-in for the fair. Carpooling is encouraged. Parking is free after 4:30 pm. See campus map for more details – NDSU Map here.
- If you need additional parking spots, you may pay for parking at the kiosk location which is near the south east entrance of MU lot. It’s $2.00/hour and takes credit cards or cash.
Who should I contact to set up On Campus Interviews (OCIs) after Meet the Firms?
If you would like to reserve a room(s) for On-Campus Interviews (OCIs) the day following Meet the Firms, please log into CAREERLINK and select the ‘Register for OCI’ option. If you have any questions regarding OCI registration, please contact Pat Breen, Employer Partnerships Manager at 701.231.8464 or by email at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to tweet about the event! Use the hashtags #NDSUMeetTheFirms and #CareerEverywhere.
For all other questions, contact Briana Nupdal | firstname.lastname@example.org | 701.231.7172
Some of the links contained on this page will direct you away from the NDSU Career and Advising Center website. The linked sites are not under the control of the NDSU Career and Advising Center and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The NDSU Career and Advising Center is providing these links as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the NDSU Career and Advising Center.