PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY AND BE SELECTED IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT.
A Day in the life of…
Spend a day with an experienced worker from one of our selected companies as they perform their day-to-day job! This is a great opportunity to learn more about an occupation, the particular company, get a glimpse of the real life workplace, ask questions, and so on!
Thank you to these participating employers:
Why would you participate? What’s in it for you?
· Explore potential career preferences
· Gain a greater perspective of a particular company and the work environment
· Learn about the many components that run a business and potential career options
· Observe various roles and job functions and witness occupational skills in practice
· Identify skills and competencies required for certain jobs
· Better understand the role of a professional and the value of professional training
Good to know:
· You will spend a full day with an employer
· You will observe the day-to-day activities of one, two, or more employees
· No academic credit will be given for participating
· No payment for participating
· Students are responsible for own transportation
· No work/interning – you may provide limited assistance with tasks to acquaint yourself with the organization
· You have to sign a code of conduct/field trip notification form
· Show enthusiasm
· Ask questions
· You represent yourself and are an ambassador of NDSU – put your best foot forward!
· Dress business casual
· Review the company’s website
· Have 2-3 questions ready
· Time to observe and learn
· Attend meet’n’greet social the day before: Thursday, March 5, 2019 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Memorial Union
For details on how to apply, please see “ Student Application Information.pdf ” or go to: https://career-advising.ndsu.edu/a-day-in-the-life-of/ Application deadline: January 19th, 2020.