- What is the Engineering & Tech Expo, and which students attend?
- When and how do I receive information about the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- How do I register for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- How can I pay for the registration fee?
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- What are the advertising options?
- What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
- Where do I ship displays and materials for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- What are the lodging options in Fargo?
- Where can I unload my vehicle for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Engineering & Tech Expo?
- Who can I contact for help?
What is the Engineering & Tech Expo and which students attend?
The Engineering & Tech Expo is an annual event attended by students in engineering and technology majors. NDSU alumni are welcome to attend the Expo as well. We also invite students from the Minnesota State University Moorhead Construction Management and Industrial Technology departments. The Expo is not open to the general public.
The expo provides an excellent opportunity to connect with students to discuss or interview for current and/or future career-related employment and co-op/internship opportunities. Last year, 239 employers and 1,890 students and alumni attended this event.
NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers of college interns and grads. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything except jobs may not attend.
When and how do I receive information about the Career Expo?
You will automatically receive registration information by email for the Engineering & Tech Expo if you are registered with the NDSU Career and Advising Center and have recruited engineering and/or tech majors. If you are not sure if you are registered, please contact Pat Breen | firstname.lastname@example.org | 701.231.8464
How do I register for the Engineering & Tech Expo?
|Dates||Registration||1 Day||2 Days||1 Day / 2 Booths||2 Days / 2 Booths|
|July 9 – Aug 21 2018||Regular||$400||$550||$800||$1,100|
|Aug 22 – Sept 11, 2018||Late||$500||$650||$1,000||$1,300|
Registration deadline is 5 p.m. (central time), September 11, 2018.
NOTE: This event is only for bona fide employers of college interns and grads. Anyone wanting to participate for the sole purpose of promoting anything but jobs may not attend.
***Third Party Recruiters may not attend this event.***
What is the registration fee, and what does it include?
- 10×10 booth space and one eight-foot table (booth must be manned at all times)
- registration for up to two representatives ($10 for each additional rep)
- 2 chairs
- tablecloth (limited supply available – first come/first serve)
- electrical power
- wireless internet access
- light breakfast/lunch/refreshments
The registration fee must be paid by September 11, 2018 to ensure access to your spot at the expo.
How can I pay for the registration fee?
The registration must be paid by credit card or electronic check only and received by September 11, 2018 to reserve your booth space. MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover credit cards can be used to pay the registration fee.
SPECIAL NOTE: If the registration fee has not been paid in full by the start of the event, the company representative checking-in will be required to pay with a credit card.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Engineering & Tech Expo: Cancellation notification is appreciated so we may inform students. Refund of the registration fee (MINUS a $50 administrative fee) will be given for cancellations received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. There is no refund of the registration fee for cancellations after September 11, 2018.
What are the additional representative and advertising options?
|Extra Rep (per person/limited to 4)||$10|
|Featured Sponsor (10 spots available, priority booth placement at event, logo displayed at event, on the Career Center website and included in the campus newspaper ad)||$1,000|
|Electronic/Website/Newspaper Ad (logo displayed on our website, at the event and in campus newspaper ad)||$250|
|Newspaper Ad (logo in campus newspaper ad)||$100|
The deadline for purchasing an ad is Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 5 p.m.
If interested, select this option during registration and send us your logo with the following specs:
- Preferred format: eps vector file
- Or print quality 300 dpi jpeg or gif
- Email to email@example.com by September 11, 2018.
What colleges and majors does NDSU offer?
NDSU houses 7 distinct colleges with a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs.
Where do I ship displays and materials for the Career Expo?
There will be a $25 fee (payable to The UPS Store) for delivery of display/materials to the Fargodome.
- Contact Jeff, The UPS Store at 701-235-9505 to arrange payment and receive shipping address.
- UNPAID SHIPMENTS WILL BE REFUSED by the UPS Store and not be delivered to the Fargodome.
- Displays may be shipped up to one week in advance of the event to the UPS Store.
- NOTE: The NDSU Career and Advising Center and/or the Fargodome will not accept displays/materials.
What are the lodging options in Fargo?
Hotels near NDSU:
1831 NDSU Research Park Drive
Fargo, ND 58102
*Ask for NDSU rate.
2021 16th Street North
Fargo, ND 58102
You can view a listing of hotel/motel options on the following website: Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau
Where can I unload my vehicle for the Career Expo?
- Unloading and parking will take place at the NORTH end of the Fargodome
- You may drive your vehicle into the loading dock entrance and drive down on the Fargodome floor
- Students will be available to assist in the unloading/loading process
- Parking is FREE; no permit required
Who should I contact to set up interviews after the Career Expo?
- Interviews for the Engineering & Tech Expo will be conducted on the upper level of the Fargodome on Thursday, September 27, 2018. To reserve interview table(s), contact Pat Breen, Employer Relations Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org | 701.231.84.64 You should also indicate your interviewing preferences on the registration form.
Who can I contact for help?
If you need additional information or have a special request, please contact:
Briana Nupdal | email@example.com | 701.231.7172