We envision providing professional connections for every student beginning year 1 and continuing through graduation, contributing to retention and positive career outcomes.
By 2020 we will:
- Focus employer engagement to strategically align with NDSU’s major mix, institutional/academic research priorities, high growth career fields and the Career and Advising Center’s liaison priorities.
- Expand employer outreach footprint to increase the number of career and experiential learning opportunities for a diverse student body
- increase the number of mechanisms for students to connect with employers
This vision ties in the following Provost objectives:
- Enrollment – Positive Career Outcomes for Graduates
- Retention – Professional Connections including experiential learning
- Outreach/Engagement – Providing and encouraging professional connections
The purpose of the employer engagement team is to connect students with employers.