Career fairs or expos are an opportunity for recruiters for companies to get face time with potential applicants. In turn they are a great way for students/alumni to find out what is happening in their industry and learn about companies that they may not be familiar with.
What to expect:
Depending on the even that you are attending career fairs can be specific to your industry or broad with many industries and companies in attendance.
- Typically career fairs take place in larger open floor plan facilities and there are tables or booths designated for each employer.
- Many employer
- May need to wait in line
How to prepare:
- What to wear:
- This is often your first impression with many of these employers/recruiters
- Have a game plan:
- Be sure to research employers:
- Practice introducing yourself:
- What to bring:
- Bring extra copies of your resume
- Don’t forget to follow-up
How the Career and Advising Center can help:
- Career fairs
- Part-Time Jobs Fair
- College of Health Professions Career Fair
- Meet the Firms
- Fall Career Expo Day 1 & 2
- Spring Career Expo Day 1 & 2
- Preparation events
- Pitch Perfect
- Suit Up!
- Career Studio
- Drop by the Career Studio in Ceres Hall 306 to practice your elevator pitch, to make a game plan for the fair, for help with your resume
- Career Closet