Company: Eide Bailly
Location of Internship: Fargo, ND
Internship Title: Tax Intern
• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
This is my second internship and I have already accepted a full-time offer. I chose Eide Bailly because of their culture and the people.
• What were some of the requirements for your internship?
Some of the requirements of my internship are working 55 chargeable hours each week.
• What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
My favorite part about my internship experience is learning something new each day and apply concepts I have learned in school.
• What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
The most challenging part of my internship is learning the different tax concepts. I have been able to overcome this by slowly learning each topic rather than inundating myself with it all at once.
• How did you find your internship?
Through a personal connection
• Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
As a CPA exam candidate I am required to have 150 credits and registering my internship helps me reach this goal.
• What advice would you give a student who is in the process of searching and applying for an internship?
My advice is start early. I had my first internship in my second year of school and starting early gives you the chance to change course if you want to pivot in your career path.