#NDSUintern Spotlight: Coven Kautzman

Major: Accounting

Company: Eide Bailly

Location of Internship: Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Tax Intern

Why did you choose the company that you work for?

This is my second internship and I have already accepted a full-time offer. I chose Eide Bailly because of their culture and the people.

What were some of the requirements for your internship?

Some of the requirements of my internship are working 55 chargeable hours each week.

• What is your favorite part about your internship experience?

My favorite part about my internship experience is learning something new each day and apply concepts I have learned in school.

• What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?

The most challenging part of my internship is learning the different tax concepts. I have been able to overcome this by slowly learning each topic rather than inundating myself with it all at once.

• How did you find your internship?

Through a personal connection

• Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?

As a CPA exam candidate I am required to have 150 credits and registering my internship helps me reach this goal.

• What advice would you give a student who is in the process of searching and applying for an internship?

My advice is start early. I had my first internship in my second year of school and starting early gives you the chance to change course if you want to pivot in your career path.

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program