#NDSUintern Spotlight: Md Mozammal Raju

Major: Computer and Electrical Engineering Company: Cisco – Location of Internship: San Jose, CA – Internship Title: Hardware Engineer

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • Cisco is working to develop switches for next-generation high-speed data transfer using different types of ASICs and serdes, this development process completely depends on signal integrity analysis which deals with ASIC layout design, routing, scattering parameters, crosstalk, EMI, timing, power analysis, etc. And this signal integrity analysis is directly related to my courses of study and is a topic of great interest due to the demand of time.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • One of the requirements was some courses like electromagnetics, signal integrity, microwave engineering, digital IC design, etc., besides that some hands-on experience on equipment like vector network analyzer, oscilloscope, etc., and experience on some simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, cadence, etc.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • Working with time-dependent adaptive technological devices being in a great team.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The industry is always different than what we learn in academia especially in terms of advancement, for me the most challenging part was working with sixteen-channel VNA which I eventually overcame with the help of my nice colleagues.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through a personal connection
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • It keeps me working for the best so I can achieve the best grade which is going to count as my course of study.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Be in contact with prospective faculty members, and keep searching and applying.

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program