#NDSUintern Spotlight: Vibhav Mishra

Major: Mechanical Engineering Company: Amazon – Location of Internship: Jacksonville, FL – Internship Title: Area Manager Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I was very ambitious to be a part of the big five since I came to the states in 2018. The work culture, diversity, and great work environment at Amazon motivated me to apply for this job.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • I was reached out through LinkedIn by a recruiting manager at Amazon. As long as the student is going to school irrespective of the degree, Amazon would recruit them considering if the candidate has fluency, confidence, and management skills.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • I was managing a team of 66 people from different countries, speaking different languages and from age group 18-60. It was a great opportunity to connect to people and work together as a team. My co-workers were amazing and I received great guidance from my seniors.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • Being an area manager at Amazon requires constant problem solving round the clock. It definitely gets exhausting but using the available resources and talking it through with my team helped me push through.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • LinkedIn
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • I was working with Allison Goossens from CAC who helped me register for the internship credits. The process could be very overwhelming for an international student but with the help of CAC, I was able to manage it pretty well!
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Keep your options open and don’t restrict yourself with your major! I’m a Mechanical Engineering major going for a management role which surprisingly turned out to be what I want to do in the next couple years.

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program