#NDSUintern Spotlight: Omolola Eniodunmo

Major: Chemistry – Company: Los Alamos National Laboratory – Location of Internship: New Mexico – Internship Title: Graduate Research Assistant

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I chose this organization because it is ranked in the top 20 research laboratories in America. Also, one of the top personalities in my research field works there, and he is also my mentor at the lab.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • Definitely a good CGPA (3.0 and above) and some level of skills in the field of theoretical chemistry. For now I have been carrying out computational calculations and anchoring meetings to check the progress.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part is getting physical & practical explanation to the theories I learned in class.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The city is very different from Fargo in terms of things to do outside work. I try to look up what other students are doing on Facebook (the organization has a group for summer interns) and attend some of the recreational activities
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through a personal connection (faculty, friend, or family)
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • Yes it was beneficial because I got to attend a short training on things to do and look out for while on this internship. I wouldn’t have gotten this training if I had registered in a usual departmental credit. Also there were financial benefits to registering for credit through the Career and Advising Center.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Make sure to choose an organization that strongly aligns with your values and interest. Do an intensive search on the people and the company!

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program