#NDSUintern Spotlight: Steven Budka

Major: Natural Resource Management – Company: Metropolitan Mosquito Control District – Location of Internship: Rosemount, MN – Internship Title: Field Mosquito Technician

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • To give me a edge on technician field work after school
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • Requirements were to have good grades, and have a major in the biological sciences or natural resources.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part is being outside and working with the ecology of the land, and seeing different insects and how they work in the environment.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The most challenging part was learning the layout of the land but I overcame these obstacles by working in them every day.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through own self-guided research
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • It was beneficial to register for credit so I could finish up on time with school in four years.

• What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • My advice is to find an internship that will give you a boost in your career after school and that you can see yourself doing.

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program