#NDSUintern Spotlight: Nathan Ley

Major: Management Information Systems Company: Doosan Bobcat – Location of Internship: West Fargo, ND – Internship Title: Digital Innovation

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I have friends who have worked there in the past and some that are working there currently, and they have had nothing but good things to say about Bobcat.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    They require you to be a Junior or Senior in standing and honestly just have a drive to learn and work! I don’t have daily busy-work tasks, each day is something different.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My internship so far has been exactly what I went to college for- making people’s work days easier by improving the efficiency of the technology within the business.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • Most challenging part has been learning the organizational structure and how things are run around there. Bobcat is headquartered in West Fargo, so they are well established and there is a lot going on.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through own self-guided research
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • For me it was required to take, but I do appreciate being able to apply the internship program class towards my total credits to help me graduate early.

• What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Spend time looking and applying everywhere that you qualify for and are interested in. It may seem fruitless for a long while but putting in that extra work will pay off big time if you can stick with it.

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program