#NDSUintern Spotlight: Kayla Boustead

Major: Accounting & Business Administration – Company: Eide Bailly  – Location of Internship: Fargo, ND – Internship Title: Audit Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I went to their summer leadership program and I thought their culture was really great and the people are really friendly!
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    I am on the real estate audit group so I complete audits within that team.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • All of the people that I have met are awesome and I really enjoy the work that I’m doing.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The hours are very long so that can be hard especially while having other things to juggle in my schedule. I have found that my determination to learn and get better at what I am doing have pushed me to become a morning person to get my hours in and I really enjoy that.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through my Accounting Professor
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • It was helpful because I am learning so much and it is still contributing to my college credits. Also it was helpful to gain full time student status to keep up my scholarships.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • I would say that have a strong resume is great but what really matters is the first 3-5 minutes you spend in an interview. If you stand out during a meeting, there is no way you will be forgotten.

By Rachana Wright
Rachana Wright Graduate Assistant - Internship Program