Major: Business Administration & Marketing – Company: CoSchedule – Location of Internship: Fargo, ND – Internship Title: Salesforce Development Representative Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I had a friend that was working there as a marketing intern, and he had talked about how great the atmosphere and culture was at CoSchedule.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- Some of the requirements are having interpersonal skills, professional writing, and effective personal selling experience.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
I work with a great group of people who support my growth everyday as I learn more and more about the sales world and surrounding fields.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part of this internship definitely revolves around the fact that it is very results-oriented, in addition to the learning side of things. As an SDR, it is important to learn the best practices for reaching out to prospects and how to build relationships with those prospects in the lead-up to a deal; that is something that comes only in time.
- How did you find your internship?
Through a personal connection (faculty, family, or friends)
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
I have always been fascinated by the world of sales and registering for credits through the Sales Certificate program enabled me to put real world experience to use in my degree.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- I would tell students looking for an internship to find a position that revolves around something they are passionate about or could possibly be passionate about in a company that holds the same values they do. As important as your title and role are, the most important thing is a supportive, actively-growing environment.