Major: Software Engineering – Company: Eagle Creek Software Services – Location of Internship: Valley City, ND – Internship Title: Salesforce Developer Consultant Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- Technology consulting is one of my career interests because the business impacts are easily measured as it interfaces with the users who are more concerned about solving business problems.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- We are expected to be well-rounded in the three technology tracks of the company, namely, CRM development, custom application development, and business intelligence/quality assurance. The fundamental task is covering training materials that cover these tracks. Then the willingness to be fitted to any of them for company’s clients’ projects.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
The multi-faceted technology tracks.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- Ironically, the multi-faceted technology tracks is also the challenging part. I have been able to overcome this by increasing my learning hours, which sometimes requires additional hours beyond the designated working hours.
- How did you find your internship?
Through own self-guided research
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
To me, the only benefit for registering the credits through the internship program is that it is a prerequisite to get work authorization visa as an international student.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- (a) Continuous skill building, especially in tune with employers’ demand, (b) networking, and (c) expansive and relentless job search.