#NDSUintern Spotlight: Dylan Droegemueller

Major: Finance – Company: Liberty Business Systems – Location of Internship: Fargo, ND – Internship Title: Sales Development Representative

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I really liked their culture! They focused on professional growth as well as personal growth!
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • Prospecting, Cold-Calling, setting appointments, marketing for lunch and learns/customer appreciation events, social media posts for Liberty, and developing a training manual for incoming interns.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part of my internship was the people I worked with! I really developed great relationship’s with everyone at Liberty and I learned so much from everyone.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • Cold-Calling was definitely the most challenging task. Just picking up the phone and talking to someone who wasn’t expecting the call and may just hang up on you was really tough. The best way to overcome this was to have a short memory, not take it personally, and keep dialing!
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through a personal connection (faculty, family, or friends)
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • It was beneficial for me because I am pursing a certificate of professional selling. In order to get that certificate, I needed to have sales experience from a paid internship!
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Build your LinkedIn profile. It is the number one tool employers are looking at right now!

By Ashley Peifer
Ashley Peifer Events and Marketing Intern