#NDSUintern Spotlight: Ali Janjua

Major: Manufacture Engineering – Company: Horn Plastics Inc. – Location of Internship: Fargo, ND – Internship Title: Student Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • Since I planned to start off my industrial experience from a smaller scaled operation which can add up as a good step to my career, Horn plastics perfectly fitted my requirements.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • We were required to have basic 3D modelling and drawing knowledge in order to imply that onto the fabrication of parts on the CNC router.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • The team I worked with. Coming with a background where it was even a task for me to differentiate between tools, I was really in need of a patient and positively led team. Every single person I worked with was hardworking, compassionate and self driven!
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The toughest part for me about the internship was that it had way more manual labor. It took me a while to develop the stamina and muscles to overcome that strength barrier that I faced. Thanks to a great team who helped me get through it all super easily and smoothly.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through a personal connection (faculty, family, or friends)
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • Being an international student, having the opportunity to work in an off-campus work place through registering these credits was a huge opportunity offered to me. Without any doubt, if it was not for the quick responses and swift work of Allison Goossens from the Career and Advising Center, it would have been a challenge to go through the whole process.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • One thing that I did learn which I will never forget is that, “No job is higher or lower than the other, it is your attitude that defines the worth of that experience!”

By Ashley Peifer
Ashley Peifer Events and Marketing Intern