Major: Business Administration Company: Schulz Property Group/Keller Williams Location of Internship: Fargo, ND Internship Title: Administration Support/Social Media
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- It directly ties into what I want to do in the future, which is to be a real estate agent. My boss is also a rockstar in this field and is a great mentor for me. Really this internship was a no-brainer for me.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- I study real estate majority of the time– either in meetings or in just working with Ryan and learning from his experiences. I also go to new build meetings.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- I love going to new build meetings and creating floor plans for clients.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- I think the most challenging part is trusting the process that every day is giving me valuable experience even though I don’t know much about my job yet.
- How did you find your internship?
Through a personal connection (faculty, family, or friends)
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
- I think it’s beneficial because it stands out more than a regular internship. On a a resume, showing that you did extra work on top of your internship will get you further than other interns in an interview.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- Be open to new things; I used to be really comfortable in my little zone but I never learned anything in that zone. Get out and explore your options while you are young.