#NDSUintern Spotlight: Aleesha Moss

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Company: Brunswick Corporation

Location of Internship: New York Mills, MN

Internship Title: Product Engineering Intern/Co-op

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I grew up fishing in Lund boats as a little girl. Thought this was the perfect opportunity to learn about something I love to do!
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • A required task for my internship is to be able to produce a 3D model of a part into SolidWorks either from an AutoCad drawing or a physical item. Knowing how to use a Cad program is definitely a requirement.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • Having the opportunity to work on boats in the office, but then walk two feet to see them actually being built.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • I would say certain models because they deal with a lot of curves and bends. I overcome these by not being afraid of asking questions and others opinions on how to go about modeling the part.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through an NDSU Career Fair
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • Since this internship counts as a tech elective, it’s a no brainer to receive credit for things you learned while on the job. In my opinion what better tech elective than an actual engineering job with hands on experience instead of a classroom.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Find a place that you have interest in, but when looking for that internship don’t over look those non well known company names.

By Ashley Peifer
Ashley Peifer Events and Marketing Intern