#NDSUintern Spotlight: Aleesha Moss

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Company: Brunswick Corporation

Location of Internship: New York Mills, MN

Internship Title: Product Engineering Intern/Co-op

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I grew up fishing in Lund boats as a little girl. Thought this was the perfect opportunity to learn about something I love to do!
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • A required task for my internship is to be able to produce a 3D model of a part into SolidWorks either from an AutoCad drawing or a physical item. Knowing how to use a Cad program is definitely a requirement.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • Having the opportunity to work on boats in the office, but then walk two feet to see them actually being built.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • I would say certain models because they deal with a lot of curves and bends. I overcome these by not being afraid of asking questions and others opinions on how to go about modeling the part.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through an NDSU Career Fair
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
    • Since this internship counts as a tech elective, it’s a no brainer to receive credit for things you learned while on the job. In my opinion what better tech elective than an actual engineering job with hands on experience instead of a classroom.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
    • Find a place that you have interest in, but when looking for that internship don’t over look those non well known company names.

By Ashley Peifer
Ashley Peifer Events and Marketing Intern Ashley Peifer