Company: Eide Bailly
Location of Internship: Fargo, North Dakota
Internship Title: Tax Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- Eide Bailly has a reputation as one of the best Public Accounting Firms in the nation, and they were the best fit for me to learn more about public accounting, while also providing very meaningful services for people in the community.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- Preparing tax returns, completing various tasks to gather all necessary information from clients. Balancing financial statements and reconciling the tax return to gathered information.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part of the internship experience is learning all new information and being in a company that is always available and wanting to hear my questions.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part of the internship has been understanding the various terms and common knowledge that the managers and partners already know. Overcoming this challenge meant spending time looking through various readings, and asking lots of questions to managers and partners.
- How did you find your internship?
Through a personal connection (faculty, family, or friends)
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
- An internship is required for the accounting major, and registering for credits though the Internship Program really streamlined the process for what I needed to do. The Internship Program also has many helpful programs and resources that are available to interns throughout the semester.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- Start gaining knowledge of companies, and building relationships with companies early. Applying early is also very helpful to get your name out to companies.