Major: Agricultural Economics / Minor: Business Administration
Company: NDSU Dining
Location of Internship: On-Campus!
Internship Title: Social Media Assistant
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- NDSU Dining offers a unique experience to be able to work on campus with a diverse team, and continuous opportunities to learn and grow!
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- My role is to photograph food, create content and social media posts, schedule those posts, and do promotional efforts for NDSU Dining!
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- One of the biggest perks is not only being able to work on campus, but also getting free meals while I work!
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- It can be tricky to come up with new ideas for social media at times, and to make sure you are staying true to the brand, but Dining provides me so much creative freedom to try new things and see where they could lead!
- How did you find your internship?
Through an email from NDSU Dining
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
- Because this internship is during the school year, I thought it would be a great opportunity to also be receiving credit for work that I love to do!
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- It’s okay to branch out of your comfort zone and apply to places you may not have pictured yourself at, those can sometimes lead to the best opportunities!