#NDSUintern Spotlight Blog

Intern: Ali Ghamlouch

Major: Civil and Environmental Engineering + Construction Engineering

Company: Wells Concrete

Location of Internship: Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Civil Engineer Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • My passion and dedication towards exploring practical experiences in Precast and Structural engineering world made me choose this position at Wells Concrete. I chose Wells Concrete as it is one of the top leading firms in Precast World in the Mid-West along with their challenging and interesting projects that they have done in the past.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • Apply engineering knowledge learned in class to real case scenarios along with computational skills required for designing and management skills for processing.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • Everyday is a new challenge, everyday is a new day to learn something new. My favorite part overall was applying our basic knowledge taught in classrooms into practical engineering sensible solutions that get interesting more day by day.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The most challenging part was beginning and transitioning from an educational experience to an outgoing busy work life where practical knowledge has to be applied at every scenario, not just simply following basic theories taught as every scenario changes from a day to the other. I have overcome them by simply hard work, dedication, and practicing any weak points i lacked to become a better engineer.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through your own self-guided research
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • To have hands on experience of another way.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • I got rejected from 60+ but never gave up on looking and continuing the hard work and dedication to reach my goal.

By Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace