Intern: Olivia Krepp
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Company: Doosan Bobcat
Location of Internship: Bismarck, ND
Internship Title: Design Engineering Co-Op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I chose this company because I really appreciated how much the interns and co-ops are valued.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- My main duties were to assist in the prototype build of an 8-ton excavator, remodel assemblies in creo then document them as Engineering Changes, and communicate with artwork companies to design service decals.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- I have enjoyed the responsibility of submitting Engineering Changes, or ECN’s.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part was learning to be confident in my skills and brave enough to ask questions.
- How did you find your internship?
Through an NDSU Career Fair
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- It was beneficial for me to register for credits because the cost was covered by Bobcat so I received required technical elective credits for free.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- I would advise that you spend a great deal of time on your resume. While its important to show your qualifications, it’s just as important to make it unique and personal so that you stand out to employers.