#NDSUintern Spotlight Blog

Intern: Jordan Dvorak

Major: Marketing and Sales

Company: PepsiCo

Location of Internship: Burnsville (virtual home internship)

Internship Title: Sales Management intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I was offered a fun summer internship at a large company and PepsiCo seemed like a great fit for me.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • A marketing or sales student, have passed enough credits to move on from Junior year and getting past the 2 or 3 interviews for this role. Some of my required tasks so far has been setting up my company laptop, attending Zoom meetings and filling out paperwork. More tasks related to my degree will be happening in the coming weeks.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • Getting to know all of the other interns around the country. There are over 900 PepsiCo interns this summer, with over 250 being in sales. I am looking forward to meeting more college students as well as my team of 7 interns that I am paired up with on our 5 week project.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • So far I am only in the first week of my internship, but I would have to say the virtual experience will need some getting used to. The internship went from a 12 week, in person job to a 6 week, all online one.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Meet the Firms at Barry Hall
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • As a Marketing student, I am interested in going into sales one day so I am going for my Sales Certificate. This requires an internship as well as the internship class.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • I would say talk to as many employers as possible and put yourself out there. There were many business students talking to the Pepsi booth at Barry Hall, but I still went up to them and had a great conversation. I was also one of the few to bring a resume which they loved. The manager gave me her email so I could fill out an online application and for the next month or two I would send emails so she would not forget who I was. Eventually I got an interview with her, which led into 2 more phone interviews with the Minneapolis branch. Do not give up when searching for a job.

By Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace