Intern: Lucas King
Location of Internship: Virtual (remote)
Internship Title: Sales Management Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- The culture of the company, the products they manufacture for consumers and the opportunity to learn from the company’s leadership team and work for a worldwide known company.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- Cross-funtional work with other interns from around the company and an intern challenge project with the opportunity for the top 10 groups to present their pitch to a group of “sharks”, which is a group of PepsiCo leadership executives.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- The ability to work with cross-functions and bring your ideas together and work together towards a similar goal, as well as learn from highly successful leadership associates from around the country, even the world.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The fact that it is virtual. Being an intern in general is a new aspect for me, having it remote in a virtual form is also a completely new aspect for me as an employee.
- How did you find your internship?
NDSU Sales Certificate Program class
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- Not only do you gain professional experience from great companies, you get to earn credits towards your graduation. It is a win win for students.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Don’t settle. Search hard for a company that matches your values and provides you with a great learning experience that hopefully sets you up for a great career.