Intern: Cal Prigge
Major: Agriculture Business, Crop & Weed Science
Company: Agronomy Services Plus, Inc
Location of Internship: Rochester, Minnesota
Internship Title: Agronomy Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I choose this organization because of the hands on work experience and diversity.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- Stepping outside your comfort zone at times to give insight or suggestions that the grower might not want to hear.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- Working personally with a wide range of growers to reach a common goal. Learning about what struggles they are having and trying to find an economically feasible solution.
- How do you plan to utilize the scholarship funds? (What are the ways in which the scholarship will most benefit you?
- I plan to use my scholarship fund by putting it into my tuition fees for this fall. It will benefit me by limiting my student loans when I graduate college.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- Learning to work and adjust to many different personalities. I am in the process of overcoming it by having open communication with my boss.
- How did you find your internship?
Through a personal connection (faculty, family, or friends)
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- The assignments I have been given allow me to think at a deeper level and involve me to think in more of an educational way.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Know what the work place culture and objectives are. Furthermore, do the objectives align with what you are interested in.