Company: Doosan Bobcat
Location of Internship: West Fargo, ND
Internship Title: Talent Acquisition Co-op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- Doosan Bobcat’s company culture is very attractive. They value their employees, and Bobcat also has North Dakota roots.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- I assist the University Relation Representative. Many of my tasks include arranging Co-op events, assisting Co-op managers in the hiring process, attending career fairs, and managing job requisitions.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part about my internship is how I am treated. I truly feel respected and valued as an employee.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part of my internship has been presenting to other Co-ops and full time employees. My manager and I have been working on overcoming this by presenting during different type of work events.
- How did you find your internship?
- I met my previous manager at Bobcat through NDSU BusinessConnection last Spring. In August, she encouraged me to apply for my current role.
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- It makes me 3 credits closer to graduation.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Do you research about the company! Working for a company that has similar values as you makes a world of difference.