#NDSUintern Spotlight Blog

Intern:McKenzie Speich

Major: Management

Company: Doosan Bobcat

Location of Internship: West Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Talent Acquisition Co-op

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • Doosan Bobcat’s company culture is very attractive. They value their employees, and Bobcat also has North Dakota roots.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • I assist the University Relation Representative. Many of my tasks include arranging Co-op events, assisting Co-op managers in the hiring process, attending career fairs, and managing job requisitions.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part about my internship is how I am treated. I truly feel respected and valued as an employee.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The most challenging part of my internship has been presenting to other Co-ops and full time employees. My manager and I have been working on overcoming this by presenting during different type of work events.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • I met my previous manager at Bobcat through NDSU BusinessConnection last Spring. In August, she encouraged me to apply for my current role.
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • It makes me 3 credits closer to graduation.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • Do you research about the company! Working for a company that has similar values as you makes a world of difference.

By Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace