Intern: Jeff DeRosier
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Company: Bobcat Company
Location of Internship: Gwinner, ND
Internship Title: Mini Ex NPD Manufacturing Engineering Co-op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I like the machines and the processes that go into building the little workhorses.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- Background with machinery and processes to build the equipment.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- Working with the laborers on the floor – some of them are really good people and know how to make your day.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- Some of the problems with production. I.e. bad batch of parts or poor weldments. I found the best way to over come these issues are to ask a million questions and weigh the options.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through an NDSU Career Fair
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- Credits go towards a tech elective
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Don’t be upset when your rejected or declined an offer. There are plenty of places to work at.