#NDSUintern Spotlight Blog

Intern: Jack Kuppich

Major: Accounting

Company: Eide Bailly

Location of Internship: Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Audit Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I chose Eide Bailly because it is a Top 25 Public Accounting Firm in the US and it is headquartered here in Fargo. I really enjoyed the people that I met through the interview process and the culture that Eide Bailly has in the office. They want everyone in the organization to learn, grow, and succeed every day.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • As an Audit Intern at Eide Bailly, I work on a different client engagement each week with a different Audit team. In our time with the client, we examine their business processes as well as their financial statements. Our goal is to help the client succeed while holding ourselves to the highest professional standards.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part about my internship so far has been making connections with people not only at the office in Fargo but around the United States. Our training was in Salt Lake City, Utah, where we spent 3 days learning and connecting with people from other offices such as in California, Utah, and Nevada to name a few. I have also really enjoyed putting what I have learned in the classroom at NDSU into the job at Eide Bailly.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • I would say the most challenging part about my internship so far was being on-site for my first audit. I was unsure of what to expect and how to go about the process of the audit. I had a really great manager to work with and she helped me throughout the process. Without the guidance of her, I don’t think I would be progressing the way I am.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • CAREERLINK
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • It was beneficial for me to register credits through the Internship Program because for an Audit Intern during the busy season at a public accounting firm you don’t have the opportunity to go to classes. Without the internship credits, I wouldn’t be a student technically. These credits help me stay on pace to graduate on time and fulfill the requirement of an internship for my major. It also counts towards the 150 credits that I need to obtain to qualify for the Certified Public Accountant Exam one day.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • If the position is of any interest to you, apply. You never know if it is something that you will want to do after graduation without getting experience. Even if you don’t get the position you gain valuable experience interviewing and preparing for the next time.

By Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace