#NDSUintern Spotlight Blog

Intern: Ethan Zetocha

Major: Agricultural Economics

Company: Titan Machinery

Location of Internship: West Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Inside Sales

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • Growing up on a farm I was familiar with Titan Machinery. I knew I wanted to stick with the agricultural industry and was curious about a career in sales so I decided to apply.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • I was responsible for generating & qualifying sales leads via phone calls and emails. My primary tasks were helping customers with their agricultural and construction equipment needs and connecting them with our sales staff, then following up to make sure their needs were met in a timely manner.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • I really enjoyed the ability to talk with customers with various backgrounds. One day I could be working with farmers in Nebraska or Iowa, and the next day I could be working with a logistics company in Los Angeles or Miami for their customers in Mongolia or Ukraine.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • We could take phone calls on anything from a brand new combine to a twenty-year old skid steer. I really had to broaden my equipment knowledge and had to learn to be “quick on your feet” when answering customer’s questions.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through my own self-guided research
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • I was able to get paid and receive credits at the same time. It provided me the ability to put what I learned in the classroom to the test right from the start.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • The ability to work hands-on in an internship provides insight on whether or not this is a career path you would like to pursue. It also looks great on a resume to have an internship or two before you graduate.

By Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace Profile Picture