#NDSUintern Spotlight

Intern: Joshua Brose

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Company: CNH Industrial

Location of Internship: Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Assembly Engineer Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I chose this organization because this is one of the only facilities in the Fargo area that has the complete production process for a product.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship? 
    • I mostly work with additive manufacturing by designing brackets, fixtures and processes that lower the cost of manufacturing, increase the quality of a product and make the assembly process more safe.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • I enjoy that fact that every day I get to go to work and know there will be a new project to start, issue to solve or a process to streamline and by doing so, I get to effect how the consumer uses their product.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The most challenging part of my internship is balancing work with school and other activities. Along with striving to perform well in classes, I feel it is part of the college experience to be involved in on-campus organizations and balancing classes, work and organizational responsibilities can be difficult at times. The way I have overcome a lot of the stress is by being intentional with my time by cutting things out that do not add value to life.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through my own self-guided research
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • It has allowed me to take less of a course load this semester which helped me focus more on school.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • Apply to any and all internships you would consider doing. Interview experience is very valuable because it helps you become accustomed to the type of questions the interviewers ask and what kind of skills professionals are looking for.

By Alli Goossens
Alli Goossens Assistant Director, Internship Program