Intern: Charles Carlson
Major: Management Information Systems
Company: Doosan Bobcat
Location of Internship: West Fargo, ND
Internship Title: Business Systems Analyst Co-op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- They have a high quality program that is designed to help give students practical, hands-on experience tackling real problems and working boots on the ground on problems Bobcat faces. I get to handle real issues and be a valued part of a team, not just some intern doing low level tasks.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- I am part of a small team that manages an internal system. As part of that, I am the subject matter expert for the system and fix any problems that other users run into, or that originate from various updates and settings. Outside of that, I am tasked with designing new components and customizing the system so it works for the company.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- The process of having a meeting with a stakeholder to gather their needs for the newest requirements or goals they have of the system, then going back and designing and creating new layouts and adjustments to make the system perform in the way they need it to. It involves design knowledge, development, and database querying.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- How did you find your internship?
- Through an NDSU Career Fair
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- The credits were required for my major.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Apply everywhere. You never know what kinds of opportunities are out there, and the Fargo Moorhead area is an area where every company needs extra hands.