#NDSUintern Spotlight

Intern: Jasmin Kaempfer

Major: Marketing

Company: Korber Medipak Systems NA – Fargo Automation Division

Location of Internship: Fargo, ND

Internship Title: Sales Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I chose to apply for the position at Fargo Automation because it is a growth-driven leader in its industry. I wanted to gain experience working in an environment that relies on global cooperation and that aligns with my career goals. During my first conversations with the company, I immediately felt welcome which made the choice easy. I knew that I would learn a lot if I completed my internship here.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship? 
    • Communication skills as well as organizational skills are critical for my position since I am responsible for keeping track of customer contacts and communicating with the sales team about current projects. I also work closely with product management which requires me to use my knowledge gained in class and adapt to the technical language of the industry. Computer literacy was another requirement because almost all of my work is done in different programs.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part about the internship is learning about the industry and being involved in day-to-day operations. I also have to collaborate with different departments which exposes me to fields that I wasn’t interested in before.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The most challenging part of my internship was finding my place in the company. In the beginning, everything is unfamiliar and it takes some time to get used to a new job. Talking to my coworkers and paying close attention to their work has helped me overcome this challenge.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through an NDSU Career Fair
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • Registering for credit allowed me to work full-time while still being able to take advantage of NDSU’s services and working towards my degree.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • Be open-minded about all opportunities. Even if a company/position doesn’t match all of your search criteria, it might surprise you how much you can learn from that experience. Every internship is a great way to test out what you are passionate about.

By Allison Goossens
Allison Goossens Assistant Director, Internship Program Allison Goossens