Intern: Michael Fogarty
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Company: EAPC Architects Engineers
Location of Internship: Bemidji, MN
Internship Title: Mechanical Engineer Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- Along with my interest in what EAPC does, I knew they were a great firm to work for. EAPC has recently been named one of Zweig Group’s 2019 Best Firms To Work For, and has received this award in the past. In addition, the interview and application process was very professional and the employees that I met were welcoming and friendly.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- The main requirements for my internship included someone pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering and being able to learn how to efficiently operate AutoCAD and Revit software.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part about my internship experience so far is how much opportunity there is for me to learn. I enjoy the particular field that I am working in and the knowledge that I am gaining makes it even more rewarding.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part of my internship was learning the AutoCAD and Revit software that I was not previously familiar with, while trying to be productive at the same time. Although it was challenging at times, the employees at EAPC were extremely helpful and always had time to answer any questions that I had.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through my own self-guided research
- Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
- It allowed me to receive credits that will count towards graduation and it was also a great way to gain knowledge in my major, which will be valuable during and after my completion of college.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Don’t ever feel like it is too early or too late to apply for an internship. Whether you are a freshman or a senior, work experience is always beneficial for your major and can help you decide which path you want to take following graduation.