Company: Eide Bailly
Location of Internship: Fargo, ND
Internship Title: Audit Intern
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- Eide Bailly is a top 20 accounting firm headquartered here in Fargo, so the choice was pretty easy. Along with believing in a strong firm culture, Eide Bailly truly lets you have an amazing hands on learning experience. They provide plenty opportunities in many industries of business, but is not like a big 4 firm where you are not sometimes allowed to branch into other industries as easy.
- What were some of your job requirements for your internship?
- My job requirements typically included but not limited to traveling to clients for audits, work with the audit team on individual sections to complete the audit, and report our finding to the respective clients.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part about the internship experience is having unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Associates all the way through Partners at our firm believe firmly in progressive learning.
- What has been the most challenging part of your internship? How did you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part of my internship was accommodating a life outside of work. My job typically requires me to work 50-60 hours per week.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through an NDSU Career Fair
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- It’s never to early to start. Even if you don’t get the internship on your first go around, try again because you will always learn from doing interviews, and it helps to build your connections in the future.