Location of Internship: Sioux Falls, SD
Internship Title: Sales Management Associate
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- The PepsiCo leadership/recruitment team was very polite and professional. They showed me all of the opportunities to grow within the company. Also, I have heard about positive past experiences from other PepsiCo interns. I knew it was going to be challenging, but rewarding work.
- What were some of your job requirements for you internship?
- Be in a marketing/sales major alongside the willingness to relocate.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- I really enjoyed the autonomy I was given to make the most out of my experience. I was in the market everyday by myself, communicating with account managers and pursuing sales initiatives. Also, my supervisors were outstanding and always willing to answer any questions. PepsiCo has really helped me mold my future.
- What has been the most challenging part of your internship? How did you overcome these obstacles?
- Being an intern, it was difficult gaining the trust of numerous store and operations managers. To overcome this challenge I made sure I made daily store visits, took care of their concerns, and tried to build a stronger relationship everyday with each manager. Showing respect, strong work ethic, and professionalism was the key to my success.
- How did you find your internship?
- Through an NDSU Career Fair
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) though the Internship Program offered through the Career Center?
- I needed the internship credit in order to obtain my Certificate of Sales & Professional Selling.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
- Keep an open mind about relocating. Doing so, allowed me to see a different market along with making great connections. Stepping outside of your comfort zone will help you grow.