Graduation Term/Year: Fall 2017
Current Company: Daktronics (Brookings, South Dakota)
Current Position: Manufacturing Engineer
How long have you been in this position: 1 year
- What is the most rewarding part of your internship?
- I work directly with all of our different products on a daily basis. I enjoy exploring and implementing creative solutions to benefit our production areas.
- What company did you do your internship experience through while attending NDSU?
- Why was it beneficial to register your internship experience through the Internship Program offered through the NDSU Career Center?
- It was beneficial because it allowed NDSU to be more involved in the whole internship process, and receive steady feedback. Your supervisor is required to provide feedback for the program, and I found that information useful while preparing for a full-time job.
- How did you internship experience help you get to where you are today?
- My internship allowed me to work with many different people in several different areas in the company. From this, I broadened my communication skills and gained experience in solving real-world problems while working alongside full-time engineers.
- If you could give any advice to a student in a current internship position, what would it be?
- Ask questions, don’t be afraid to make mistakes, and willingly try to go above and beyond the expectations. Also, try to get your hands on a wide variety of projects to specifically determine where your interests lie.