Graduation Term/Year: Spring 2011
Current Company: CNH Industrial
Current Position: Lead Test Engineer
How long have you been in this position: 5 years
- What is the most rewarding part of your position?
- One of the most rewarding parts of my job has been working with interns. I enjoy teaching and guiding interns to develop their own unique skill set. I have been lucky to work with a variety of great interns, many coming from NDSU!
- What company did you do your internship experience through while attending NDSU?
- CNH at the Engineering Test Center in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Why was it beneficial to register your internship experience through the Internship Program offered through the NDSU Career Center?
- Actually, when I did my internship I did not register it through the career center. Looking back, I could see how there would have been benefits to doing so. I took a semester off to do my internship, and it was somewhat of a hassle to stop and start again. If I would have registered my internship through the career center, I could have seamlessly remained a student.
- How did your internship experience help you get to where you are today?
- It had a huge impact for me! It allowed me to see the industry and what type of full-time position I wanted after graduation. Also, I cannot stress enough how important my internship was when applying for full-time positions. I had multiple job offers at graduation before landing back at CNH Industrial.
- If you could give any advice to a student in a current internship position, what would it be?
- Be sure to take a step back and look at what you’re learning, and what skills you are gaining. Take that information and be open with your manager or supervisor to see if there are opportunities to fine tune your internship. Overall, make sure you are getting the most you can out of the experience.